Enable Emoji Keyboard for Mac OS X 💻
OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Simple steps for inserting Emoji on Mac! With the latest release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, using Emoji on a Mac has never been simpler.
1. Go to any text field, then press the following keys at the same time:
- Command ⌘
- Control ^
2. An Emoji insertion palette will appear:
3. Click any Emoji to insert it in your Post, Tweet or other text field. That’s it!
What do the other tabs look like?
OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
These instructions are for OS X 10.7 Mountain Lion, or view all emoji now.
1. Go to Edit Menu > Special Characters
2. Click Gear Menu > Customize List…
3. Check Emoji checkbox to enable, then click Done
4. Choose Emoji from the list
Or view all emoji in your browser.